martes, 16 de agosto de 2011

ART BASEL

In my visit to ART BASEL 2011 i found genius, charlatans and  established artists. Contemporary art is so complex I would recomend you to stick to the margin of "do I like it or not" that simple. Here is my selection of artwork from 3 artists of whose existence I had no idea of and I absolutely adored.



1. ZOFIA KULIK
Female sculpture, action artist, performance artist, photographer, author of collager, art-object and installations. Zofia, and her partner Przemyslaw Kwiek worked together from 1971 , through 1981 under the surname KwieKulik.







2. JANI LEINONEN. 
From Finland another bad boy of POP. Politically incorrect, he is very keen on vandalization of icons of capitalism; specially cereal boxes with racism, violence and sex.








3. PHILIPPE HALSMAN
His camera has been acquainted with characters such as Albert Einstein, Audrey Hepburn, Alfred Hitchcock, Frank Sinatra and his adored friend Salvador Dalí who he frequently worked with. He gave birth to the "jumping style" or "jumpology" technique.
In a jump, the mask falls. The real person becomes visible.
- Halsman






*EXTRA:
JOSEPINE GAVIDIA
I have just finished this drawing in my notebook. It might be a rough sketch for something bigger, I like this dichotomy of prey/predator facing each other through the hole in the page.


Text: Nature perfects predator
Text: Nature perfects prey

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario